Ecotourism News: September 1, 2008
Photo credit: mtchm
A few eco travel news snippets to whet your appetite for the coming month:
- Most people think it but not everyone says it, until now. Indichick7 over at World Hum declares that now summer is officially at an end, so too is the word ‘staycation.’ Yay!
- Road and Travel Magazine share tips on how to make your car greener and cleaner, saving you money into the bargain.
- Heading for Los Angeles soon? Check out Planet Green’s new Green City Guide to LA. If you’re looking for more comprehensive information, our sister site Los Angeles Logue has lots of general tips, advice and holiday hints.
- Last week, Jamble Magazine announced a new backpacker hostel is to open in a disused jumbo jet. Scheduled to open in December 2008 at Stockholm-Arlanda Airport, Sweden, the hostel will be shining example to massive scale recycling, if it takes off! (Sorry.)
- Treehugger reports on the possibility of a new train line crossing the whole of South America, an idea spearheaded by Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez and his counterparts from Argentina and Brazil. Now that would be exciting.